SPICE Project

+ -

SPICE PROJECT (Synchronized PBN Implementation – Cohesion Europe)

Performance Based Navigation (PBN) exploits the advanced Area Navigation (RNAV) capabilities of modern aircraft to enable efficient airspace design and the systemization of air traffic routes. 

The ‘SPICE' project, part of SESAR implementation program, concerns the deployment of PBN procedures in four Cohesion Fund Member States (Cyprus, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia), the equipment of aircraft with PBN capabilities and the deployment of navigation infrastructure.

The SPICE project has an estimated value of EUR 39.029.792, it is 85% co-financed by the European Union within Connecting Europe Facility Program and it is going to be implemented between February 2016 and December 2020.

The SPICE project, coordinated by EUROCONTROL involves in Romania both airlines – Blue Air and Regional Air Services, ANSP – ROMATSA, Romanian Civil Aviation Authority – designated as competent authority for approval/validation of flight procedure. It also involves Romanian Airports Association as coordinator/representative for Romanian airports.

In 2016, Bucharest Airports National Company BANC – operator of Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport and Bucharest Băneasa Aurel Vlaicu International Airport, had expressed the intention of joining this project and in 2017 became affiliated part of this project by signing the contract with RAA.

In the second semester of 2017, BANC receive approval from RCAA for documentation issued by SC Cornel % Cornel TOPOEXIM for collecting obstacles data for both aerodromes operated by BANC. As a result, at the end of 2017, BANC submitted to RAA/INEA/EUROCONTROL the refunding request for reimbursement  85 % of eligible costs of  the invoice value, VAT exclusive,  the rest of 15% being BANC’s own contribution to financing the eligible costs of the project.

The collected data regarding the obstacles were sent to ANSP _ ROMATSA to initiate design of PBN procedures for both aerodromes operated by BANC: Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport and Bucharest Băneasa Aurel Vlaicu International Airport.

In 2019, as part of the SPICE project, BANC will perform a review of collected obstacles data base. 

Achizitii Publice
Airport News
Cookie Settings